Post Tattoo Procedure Instructions
- Wash your hands prior to touching your tattoo. Remove the bandage within 3-24 hours and gently wash your tattoo with mild soap and water. Do not reapply a new bandage.
- Apply a thin film of ___aquaphore________________________________________________for the next 3 days.
Name of the ointment or antimicrobial product
- After 3 days apply a light coating of _______lubriderm_________ until skin returns to its pre-tattoo condition. Name of product
- Stay out of direct sunlight and tanning booths for 7-10 days. Use sunscreen of at least SPF30.
- Do not go swimming in the ocean, fresh water lakes and streams, chlorinated pools, or soak in a tub or Jacuzzi until tattoo is completely healed.
- Take showers until the tattoo is completely healed.
- Avoid gardening activities that may expose the tattoo to soil, fertilizers, etc. until the tattoo is healed.
- Do not allow tattoo to come into contact with animals until healed.
- Your tattoo should form a light dry scab that will fall off in 7-10 days. Do not touch or pick at scab.
Some redness around the tattoo immediately after tattooing is normal.
This inflammation is a part of the natural healing process.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS THAT INDICATE THE NEED TO SEEK MEDICAL
Fever; redness, swelling, or tenderness at the site; any green/yellow discharge that is foul in odor; or red streaks going from the procedure site toward the heart.